LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Port Error code

Hi all

I want to communicated with Serial Port Send command and get right as below snapshots:

1) I used to Serial_assist Tools when power on get initial message from product and send"AT+SELFTEST=TEST" get right code.

How to use labview set up serial port ignored first time initial message and send"AT+SELFTEST=TEST" get right code.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,242 Views)

Hi Sam,

two notes:

• Don't use local variables when the terminals are unused next to them!
  • Don't use BytesAtPort!

@Sam.Huang wrote:

How to use labview set up serial port ignored first time initial message and send"AT+SELFTEST=TEST" get right code.

Setup the port, send your command and receive the answer - without local variables and without BytesAtPort!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,204 Views)

Hi GerdW

Thank you for you reply,I changed it as you mention get as before,if other need to setup it,thanks!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,201 Views)

Hi Sam,

no need for that wait function, the VISARead will wait for 512 bytes (or TermChar) anyways!

Do you have a manual of your device describing the comm protocol? You need to follow the guidelines written in there like:

• When the device sends two messages you need to read both.
  • When the device sends a "binary" message you maybe cannot use a TermChar.

Read the details in your manual!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,192 Views)

Hi GerdW

It's a earbuds product,client provide baudrate and cmmand"AT+SELFTEST=TEST",then back command as“;g-sensor:OK;P-sensor:FAIL;PPG:FAIL;has_dc:OK”.

The problem is when power on with the earbuds,will out a initial message,first time send command and get wrong measage, hold on power send command again will get right meassage.

I think that if ignored inital message and clear it then send command will get right code,but I don't how to configured it,could you give a idea for this,thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,189 Views)

Hi Sam,

@Sam.Huang wrote:

I think that if ignored inital message and clear it then send command will get right code,but I don't how to configured it,could you give a idea for this,thanks!!

Read the initial message, then send the command and read its response.

So you need VISARead (maybe with timeout error handling), VISAWrite, VISARead…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,184 Views)