From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Aquisition of a GPS and an sensor

Hi,

Sorry for my bad english 😉

i have download evaluation version of Labview 8.2 and i would want to know if this software will correspond to what i need.

I have a GPS running in free-mode and echosouder running in free-mode too connected on two serial ports on my computer.

They are output ASCII string which i can acquire in labview without any problems (thanks to VISA drivers...)

After i would want to log data into a txt file like : North from GPS;East for GPS;Depht form Echosounder,... i arrive, but i'm not sure that data are well synchro.

The method i have used is to made a subVI acquiring GPS and another acquiring Sensor. Then i made a main VI who call the subVI. I used an exemple found on the develloper zone to began.

Please have a look to the attached file (don't watch the front panel, it's awful).

Does it seems to be a good way for this application ? I have 5 days left for evaluation and want to know if i'll buy a complet version of Labview.
How can i make a cartesian plot of the trajectory ? or better, a surface with the X,Y and Z i get
Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,383 Views)

Hi Robyz,

Sorry for the late response.

Yes your are doing well with your application. I modified a little bit your LLB to include modified graphe and controls (this is the *.ctl files in the LLB). As you can see, I include a photo of somewhere in the graph so it's "like" a trajectory !

I also manage a little your diagram and Front Panel... Smiley Wink

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Julien Roland - District Sales Manager
NI Belgium - Technical Support

Don't forget to rate a good answer
Message 2 of 3
(2,326 Views)

i think this is not an good answer ...

it's a great answer !!!! thanks a lot, i don't have time for the moment but i'will have a look at it soon !

thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,291 Views)