LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate compiled code in a .lvlib

I have a lvlib that is not under a project library. I understand that checking the "separe compiled code from source file" of the lvlib only affects new VIs. Is there a way to apply the setting to exisitng VIs similar to "mark project VIs" of a project library 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,280 Views)

Not that I am aware of however all you need to do is add the library to a temporary project, set the flag and save the library. Now everything that is there is marked and any new VIs added will also pick up that setting.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,255 Views)

Maybe create a temporary project, mark them in the dialog, then delete the project?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,254 Views)

@Mark_Yedinak wrote:

Not that I am aware of however all you need to do is add the library to a temporary project, set the flag and save the library. Now everything that is there is marked and any new VIs added will also pick up that setting.

Jinx.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,253 Views)

@billko wrote:

then delete the project?

Or just not even save the project to begin with...

1. Create empty project

2. Add library

3. Mark all as Separate From Compiled

4. Remove library (save the library and its VIs when it is being removed)

5. Close project and don't save

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,238 Views)