LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending LabVIEW Boolean to LabWindows CVI

I have inherited a simple CVI application that has a single front panel that contains two booleans. One closes the application. The other starts and stops the applications function which involves sending and receiving RS232 data.

I need to integrate this application into a LabVIEW application, I would prefer to not have the Front Panel come up (Just run in the background) and I want to be able to control the booleans.

What changes do I need to make to this CVI application in order to meet my needs.

Thanks for any help I may receive.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,647 Views)
Hi,

Probably the fastest way to get this up a running will be to convert your CVI application into a DLL. Instead of creating an EXE project you create a DLL project that exposes some functions that LabVIEW can call.

I am attaching a sample DLL project and the VI to call that DLL. The architecture there is very common where you create an initialize function, a function to perform an action and another one to retrieve the data. You can use this template to paste the current code from the executable and call it in LabVIEW.

Here is also a link to a document that has some more information on DLLs.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,647 Views)