LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send file from client to server and copy these files in a folder

Hello to all.

First of all thanks a lot for reading this post and being able to help.

I would like to do next.

I have PC server and PC client.

I have some .txt files in PC client. I would like to send these files to PC server over the same network.

Once I have the files in PC Server, I would like to put these files in a folder but if some files exists dont overwrite them (just copy the new files).

How can I do that?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,807 Views)

Map network share to a letter, e.g. P:.

Use Check if file exist.

Copy file to e.g. P: if not.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,796 Views)

Map network you mean FTP??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,791 Views)

@Alvaro.S wrote:

Map network you mean FTP??

No.  He means to create a mapped network folder on your client PC.  Then you just have to copy the file to that location and not use the server.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,775 Views)

But I see a problem in that solution.

I have to do the next:

- When User press a buton in a client PC then transfer the files from client PC to server PC.

- Server PC may be turned off, so in that case I want that when labview application in server PC starts then get the files that are hosted on the client PC.

There may be more than one client PC.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,757 Views)

Another problem that I can see is the next.

Every time that I wan to add a new client PC, I have to create a map network drive in that client PC, so I think that solution is not scalable.

Any solution?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,751 Views)

@Alvaro.S wrote:

Every time that I wan to add a new client PC, I have to create a map network drive in that client PC, so I think that solution is not scalable.

You don't really have to map the drive.  You just need the network location to put the file.  Mapping the drive just makes things a little simpler.  But you can do the mapping very easily using the "net use" command via a bat file or the System Exec VI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,746 Views)

can you show a really simple program which connect both PCs and send/get a file?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,743 Views)