From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Error URL //s.switfypecdn.com/install/v2/st.js

Solved!
Go to solution

This is something new I encountered after doing a bunch a Labview updates. . . It says "Script Error" on Line 0, Char 0, Code 0, and the URL points to labview sDOTswitfypecdnDOTcom/install/v2/st.js and "What Page"?

I have no idea how to debug this error message and eliminate this script error.  Please don't follow the link, not sure if this is a legit "js".  Seems weird I compiled this same program with No Script Errors a few days before the Labview updates and now I'm seeing the Script Errors after Labview updates.

Any Suggestions?

Thank you!

Script Error 2019-02-22_15-21-37.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,811 Views)

Hi Dhubbell,

Given that you didn't see this error prior to some updates, and similar errors have been resolved by a reinstall in the past, I would suggest that as an option if you can do it without too much trouble.  You can force a reinstall of NI software following the instructions in this article: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8U0SAK&l=en-US

If that's not an option at the moment, we can try to troubleshoot although we may ultimately end up in the same place.  This script error usually has something to do with a help file or other web content in LabVIEW.  You mentioned seeing it while compiling a program.  Can you give us more details about exactly what you're doing when the error appears?

Thanks,

Michael B.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 10
(4,767 Views)

After digging around on some other computers, I don't think this Script Error is directly related to a Labview Update.  The Labview Application where this appears is popping up on Computers that didn't have any new Labview updates.

While this error message is popping out of Labview, I'm thinking it's related to a "Windows Update" or perhaps "another software" update Like Adobe Reader.

The most frustrating part about this error message is how vague it points to a problem.  For now, I've told users to clear the error message, and continue using the Labview App.  Seems to work after they acknowledge the script error, just annoying I can't track it down.

BTW, this script error is displayed when the Labview App is OPENED and when you click on the main VI in the LV Editor. . . just opening the Main VI in the IDE displays this error message.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,760 Views)

I'm almost positive it's related to this topic.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 10
(4,752 Views)

Thanks Bill, I saw that thread, but, since my error message didn't match.  I didn't think it was related.  I didn't see any "Solutions" posted in the six page thread.  I'm guessing there are no solutions at this time?

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,744 Views)

There seems to be multiple workarounds, all involving various Windows updates, but no solution.  It's tedious reading, but there are several updates you can try rolling back.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 6 of 10
(4,742 Views)

Thanks Bill,

I think it's best to move my "Script Error" to the original Post dated 11/01/2018.  Better to focus "Script Errors" in one post:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Script-Error-when-click-on-Find-Example-in-LabVIEW-Help/td-p/385753...

I posted some notes there and it doesn't seem NI has a good solution at this point.  It's been going on now for over 4 months.

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,724 Views)

Mixed opinions if this "Script Error" identified as "Application Based" is related to another "Script Error" in Labview "Help". 

I think they are related.  I've never seen a "Script Error" in Labview before.  Now in the last few months there seems to be a growing problem of Labview "Script Errors".  

In my personal situation, I have no "Labview Help Script Errors", but, I do get a "Script Error" when I open the main VI in the Labview IDE.

See this "LV Help Script Error" thread too:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Script-Error-when-click-on-Find-Example-in-LabVIEW-Help/td-p/385753...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,712 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhubbell

Here's how I found the problem. 

If I opened the top level VI in the project, I got the "Script Error".  Of course there was no reference to which VI was causing this error..  I started opening up each vi in my project one at a time.  Good VI's didn't display the "Script Error".  Then I found the subvi that was giving me the "script error".  Next I took this vi and made a copy of it and started tearing it down one piece at a time... Saving the vi...Then Reopening the VI to check for "script errors".  The vi didn't need to run, so as I started tearing it down piece by piece, I left it as a broken vi, saving, closing, opening, and checking for script errors.

I finally found this "Active X Control" I use for displaying URLS in the front panel.  Once I deleted the "Active X Control" and recreated it, the "Script Error" was gone.

ActiveX Control Script Error2019-02-27_8-50-50.jpg

Kind of weird this all of sudden started causing a "Script Error".  This routine has been in my application for a long time with no problems.  Easy fix, just tracking down the source takes a long time, especially with larger projects.

Doug

Message 9 of 10
(4,701 Views)

I also get a similar error with Labview 2018 SP1 and Windows 10 (1809) on an HP laptop when trying to add a function to the block diagram using the .  The error also generates an application error to the Windows event viewer.  The link provided with the Windows event mentions having problems running Active-x controls in application help files because apparently Microsoft has found a security issue when running them. 

The Windows event error is:

The description for Event ID 1904 from source HHCTRL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

javascript:placeObject(object4617);
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45840

I haven't had time to trace this further though.

Regards,

- Jim

Message 10 of 10
(4,641 Views)