cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scatter Maps

Solved!
Go to solution

LabVIEW 2013

Hi, just wondering is it possible to use a scatter map in LabVIEW and have the user be able to click on a certain point and it would display data on that point?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not lost my mind, it's backed up on a disk somewhere
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,395 Views)

What exactly is a "scatter map"?

You can use a picture control.  Register for mouse down and/or mouse up events, and use the coordinates that the event gives you to do whatever action you wish.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,386 Views)

Something like the attached image but the dots can be clicked on to show data on that specific dot

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not lost my mind, it's backed up on a disk somewhere
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,383 Views)

I think that you would have to program it yourself. If I understand correctly, below is an example of what you could using a XY graph and a Mouse down user event. Notice that in the example below, the graph values displayed in the graph will be the values where the mouse is clicked, not specifically those of the data points. You can easily add a sub-vi that would do a test to select the closest data point and display the values of that point (or whatever you want to do), or display nothing at all if the mouse click is too far away.

scatter plot_BD.png

Marc Dubois
Message 4 of 5
(2,350 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PauldePaor

The scatter plot vi is the main vi that plots data into an XY graph and display the value of a plotted point if you click on it. The XY graph - closest point.vi finds the closest point from the point where the mouse was clicked and output the distance from that point and the value of the closest data point.

Marc Dubois
Download All
Message 5 of 5
(2,264 Views)