LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale cRIO NP Shared Variable AFTER Deploying an Executable

I have a project coming up that has about 140 shared variables deployed on an RT target and sharing data at 1S/s over the network.  There is nothing else going on concerning the RT target, just dumping values.  I would like to scale these SV's in the .lvproj to avoid having to write a bunch of scaling code in software. 

My only concern is what happens when I have an executable application running (without LV 2012 installed on the computer).  How would I re-scale these values without having access to the .lvproj?  Distributed System Manager doesn't provide for this.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------

Nathan - Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,725 Views)

Hi Nathan,

Are you also using the DSC module? As the ability to scale shared variables is only available with this module installed. 

Regards

Arham H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,697 Views)

Hey Arham,

LabVIEW still allows for scaling SV's without the DSC module.  I only have the RT module installed. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,677 Views)

Hy Nathan,

Your Shared Variables are within a library in you LabVIEW project. In your Application Properties make sure to include that library. This is shown in Figure 9 in the below white paper.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9900/en/

MJ
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,653 Views)

Thanks for the link, MJ.  I'm not really sure that this article addresses my question though.  Nothing speaks of how to change a cRIO NPSV once running an executable.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,630 Views)

You may try with Shared Variables property nodes. I'm not sure whether this requires DSC or not.

However 140 rescalings doesn't seem a lot of work to do even on the PC side.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,625 Views)