LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving data compatible with Origin

Solved!
Go to solution

I've got a program that saves a fairly large amount of data to a TDMS file. The powers that be want to have that data available to use in Origin. Not being at all familiar with Origin I'm not sure what types of files it can import. Does anyone know if it can import TDMS files or what type I would have LV save to?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,491 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GDthomas

What version of Origin?  Origin 8.5.1 and later support TDMS import directly fairly well.  Origin 8.5 was the first version to support TDMS and had some issues with importing TDMS that were fixed in 8.5.1 update.  I don't have a newer version handy but I suspect they support TDMS as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,456 Views)

Thanks, I'll have to check what version they are using. I believe it's fairly up to date. I also learned that there is a library of VIs that is included with Origin that allows you to interact with it but if it will read the files that would be really handy.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,441 Views)

That set of Origin VIs is more for using LabVIEW to communicate directly with Origin - putting data directly in worksheets/graphs. Its not for high speed data collection or plotting, which I assume you need if you are using TDMS.  

I don't remember any import or data transforms being included, but I haven't looked at them in a few years and perhaps they have added new capabilities.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,434 Views)