From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Excel sheet

Hello All,

I am student doing my Master Thesis in Knorr Bremse Munich. As i am begineer to LabVIEW facing some difficulties in few topics. Below is my problem and i hope i get solution for this.

I am writing some random numbers into table and generating report on same. Report generated is Excel format. As part of my work i want to save this generated report on clicking save button. Below is the simple code i have designed. The problem i am facing is no saving function for excel sheet is present instead i find same for HTML. I there any solution for this. And report should be saved on clicking save button.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,139 Views)

There is a Save Report to File VI in the report generation palette.

Here is a very simple way to do this:

Save.PNG

But it looks like you have some other functionality you want to add. You should look in to the State Machine architecture. 

The Simple State Machine template that ships with LabVIEW is really the best way for new developers to get familiar with LabVIEW while utilizing a semi-scalable architecture.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,134 Views)

Hi,

Thank you so much for quick response.

I tried using Save report to file function. Since i want to save data during runtime i am unable to do this. The report generated is blank. i tried saving providing path but again the file is still blank.Does this save function work during runtime? If not what would be the solution?

Regards,

Pragathi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,131 Views)

Yes it definitely works during runtime. Do you have Excel on the computer you are trying to run it on?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,124 Views)

Yes.

I got the issue. Thank you so much for fixing it.

Regards,

Pragathi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,122 Views)

Hi Pragathi, 

Please post your solution so that others can learn if they come across this thread later.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,119 Views)

The problem was with my system internal storage. the files were getting saved in wrong location because of which i could not figure out right report. But yes code works properly. Thanks again.

Regards,

Pragathi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,109 Views)