LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save and load the front panel with Clusters

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry to sidetrack! I think this article does a good job of explaining the difference between strict and regular typedefs:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019KnUSAU

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,367 Views)

I also like to use the MGI addons for such operations. There is even nice VIs for saving/loading settings into/from config files. Handy when you want to give the user the feature that your application "remembers" for example the Graph settings, etc...

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209753

Note that, you might find some little bugs, like once I had a problem with a VI living inside a subPanel: applying the settings back to this VI spawned some errors due to some prohibited operation in case of subpanel VIs. However it was quick to find the bug, and make a "subpanel compatible" variation of the MGI VI...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,357 Views)

Hello Bob,

I was able to save the configuration of the "Input settings" only (maybe with different way) but my problem is to save the all front panel with several clusters. 

Actually, I am able to save the configuration as explained but I am not able to load it into the all front panel, not a single cluster. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,340 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yann31

Save time for yourself, and use the MGI toolkit, as I wrote in my previous post:

configiniiii.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,338 Views)

Hello GregoryJ,

Thank you for your help. 

The code in your message was for "Save" or "Load" function? Also, what do you mean by "your code here"?

I put the VI example in my first message so if you could show me your idea by modifying it, it will be great. 

My understanding is that your code is to save the front panel configuration right? 

If yes, how to reuse the ini file to update the front panel according to the ini file.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,337 Views)

Hello Blokk,

Thank you for the code. I reused as below and it seems to work well.

image.png

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,327 Views)

Small additonal question not in line with the current subject. 

Is someone able to explain how to hide the "Stop button" and move to the right windows after cliking on the "execute button"?

image.png 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,324 Views)

File --> VI Properties, and you can customize any part, or just select the "Top-level application window" variation...

properties.png

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,310 Views)

@yann31 wrote:

Hello GregoryJ,

Thank you for your help. 

The code in your message was for "Save" or "Load" function? Also, what do you mean by "your code here"?

I put the VI example in my first message so if you could show me your idea by modifying it, it will be great. 

My understanding is that your code is to save the front panel configuration right? 

If yes, how to reuse the ini file to update the front panel according to the ini file.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello Yann31,

The two functions on the left read from the ini file (update your front panel). The functions on the right update your ini file (read from front panel). As an example, you could read at the beginning of your program and write the config at the end of the program, with your application code going in between ("your code here"). 

I purposely put a picture with all of the VI names showing so that you can easily recreate it yourself. Press Ctrl+Space to launch quick drop to easily find the VIs by name.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,298 Views)

Hello Blokk,

Thank you for your answer, perfect.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,287 Views)