LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample gradient along rising and falling edges to detect fault

Solved!
Go to solution

What I want to be able to do is detect the inconsistency with the rising edge as shown in the attached image, it should be smooth like the falling edge. I have thought about doing this by sampling the gradient along the rising edge and then having a trigger to say whether it is within acceptable limits. For this signal, the gradient would turn to negative thus triggering the alert. 

Now my problem is I have no idea how to do this in LabVIEW and would really appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction, or has a better way of detecting a fault like this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,175 Views)

This is my first time posting on the NI forums, if there is something I should be doing differently to get responses could someone let me know, please.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,124 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author B^2

Hi B²,

sampling the gradient along the rising edge and then having a trigger to say whether it is within acceptable limits.

You can also try to detect when your signal has reached a "stable" range by just calculation a running min/max/mean. When the value doesn't change "a lot" for a settable amount of time/samples then you reached the HIGH/LOW level…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,120 Views)