LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SV Assistant Memory Issue

Been playing around with the Sound and Vibration Assistant - but have come up against what appears to be a huge wall.  Once I've taken data, the SV Assistant does not allow me to do much of anything else.  I've come up against the following errors:

"Not enought memory to complete this operation"

"Labview: Memory is Full"

which then leads to:

"File I/O error - An error occured while reading from the file..."

because when the memory error occurs, the SV Assistant freezes, and then corrupts the project file.

Am I missing something here?  Seems that this product is not meeting the standard I expect from NI.

John Skurka
Staff Engineer - NVH
BorgWarner MorseTEC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,322 Views)

What's the size of the file you're loading?

I've never used S&V Assistant, but (like you apparently) I expect serious work from NI so given the error message you're reporting, I assume you're doing some extreme use of data.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,319 Views)

The file was recorded using the SV Assistant into a LOG file.  The measurement is a typical NVH style measurement, consisting of a 60s runup.  Data is being sampled at 50khz. 

John Skurka
Staff Engineer - NVH
BorgWarner MorseTEC
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,317 Views)

3M samples... What datatype is it? I mean how many bytes per sample? And how many channels?

If you have more than one channel and to try to graph this, it could be a little big... 

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,313 Views)

That shouldn't matter.  I've taken similar data with other specialized NVH Software (HEADAcoustics) that samples at 48k, two ears and a tacho without issue, for even longer ramps (90s).

It appears that for whatever reason, NI is reading this all into RAM - I thought that was the purpose of the LOG file.  Write data to a file, and work with it from there.

John Skurka
Staff Engineer - NVH
BorgWarner MorseTEC
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,311 Views)

Hmmm I understand your frustration... I dont' use S&V Assistant so I don't know if it tries to load the whole set of data, I don't know either is there is a way to split the LOG file into pieces or to tell S&V Assitant to load only a part of it.

Sorry I can't help more than this.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,309 Views)