LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRF08 interfacing, how to send raw data via VISA (serial)

Hello,

I want to interface a SRF08 ultrasonic range finder via serial communication (VISA in LabView). The problem is that I can only send strings to the USB-I2C controller with VISA and I want to send raw data with VISA, because the USB-I2C controller only works with raw data (0x00 to 0xFF).

Who can help me with my problem?

Links:

SRF08 Ultrasonic range finder

USB-I2C Communications Module

Message Edited by Daan_v on 02-26-2010 05:31 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,767 Views)

You have several solutions. You can create a U8 array and convert this to string. See the string functions palette. You can also change the display mode of the string. Experiment with  '\' Codes display and Hex display. You find the setting by right clicking on the item. This is valid for both string constant and the control/indicator. Just a warring. I have wasted several hours of debugging. Because I did not check which mode I used on the string control or constant.

Hope this helps. Also always use the same number format as the documentation. If the documentation use hex format use the same format then coding 

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,751 Views)
Thanks, it's working now. I've used the hex display of the string and now I can enter the hex commands and send it via the USB-I2C converter to the SRF08 sensor.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,741 Views)