LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI slave

Hi,

I have a PXI-6551 HSDIO and i need to setup SPI communication protocol to interface with a DSP. I have downloaded the "SPI Digital Waveform Library" but not quite sure how to get it done. This is because i need to set my 6551 as a slave, rather than a master, with the DSP as a master.

I also understand that there is this USB-8451 that allows one to generate SPI protocol w/o having the need to use the SDW library to configure. However, i checked through the user guide of the USB-8451 and found out that the pin assignment is more for a master device too. The MOSI is an output pin and the MISO is an input pin. However, if i want to use it a slave, i would need the MOSI an MISO to be an input and output pin respectively.

There, i would like to ask everyone out there if you have used the LabVIEW as a slave device with SPI interface protocol. Please advise if this is possible and what are the software/hardware that i need to get this to work. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,038 Views)

1. 8451 is only for Master mode. Not applicable.

2. For 6551, That library is not designed for slave mode. If you wish to do it other way around, you need to write it from scratch, and use CS as a trigger signal.

3. Use R-series is the best choice, since you can customize triggerring pretty easy.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,017 Views)