LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPEED MEASUREMENT using mydaq

HI all

I want to measure the speed of a seperately excited DC motor using NI myDAQ. I am using a inductive proximity sensor to measure the speed. the sensor output is digital. Now please tell me how to generate code to count the pulses or to measure the time period of pulse (which is the output of sensor) usin labview.I have to use only single digital I/O pin for this speed measurement.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,007 Views)

You can build your own counter from the Digital input as shown below. For measuring the time period please follow this thread.

CounterDI.png

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,978 Views)

thank you..

but how can i measure frequecy from this pulse count. so that i have to reset it automatically for some time period?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,970 Views)

It depends how much pulse you will get for a revolution of the motor. It depends on the Transducer you use in this case, so when you have that count the number of pulses and when you arrive  at rotation reset the counter to continue the process in cycle.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,968 Views)

HI P@anand

I have to reset the pulse count for everi 20ms. but i am unable to find the vi to reset the loop. here is the VI which is build from your vi. give me an idea to how to reset it for every 20ms. or to find the pulse width of the digital signal coming from the sensor.

thank you.

speed.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,931 Views)