LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDO write error

Hello,

I am trying to use SDO write on a node, I am able to do that in vi attached below. But on the second one it gives me a "Sub-index does not exist" error, the rest of the code is working fine. Only difference between the vis is that the are in two different projects, the are run on the same target. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,163 Views)

Hi Neowise,

@Anurag_NI wrote:

But on the second one it gives me a "Sub-index does not exist" error, the rest of the code is working fine. Only difference between the vis is that the are in two different projects, the are run on the same target. Is there something I am doing wrong?

There is a lot of error handling missing in the 2nd VI (image)…

Does the device support that index/subindex?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,149 Views)

Yes the first vi (working.png) runs perfectly, so the index and subindex are supported on the node. 

Regards,

Anurag

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,095 Views)

The issue is resolved. The object index had to be given in the decimal form ie (25088) instead of 6200.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(988 Views)

Hi neowise,

once you enable the radix display on your numeric constants you can also input hexadecimal values...

Recommendation: ALWAYS enable the radix display or the display mode indicator for strings when you want to use non-default display modes!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 5
(978 Views)