From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI 1120D setup using DAQ assistant

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I was trying to setup a channel on a SCXI 1120D module, along with the rest of the SCXI system, using DAQ assistant, but came across an issue relating to the range of the signal.

According to this, https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.scxi-1120d.html, the maximum voltage range is -10v - 10v, but when I tried to setup a channel with a range of 0v - 10v, it displayed an error saying that the signal range was invalid and that the available range is -0.005v - 0.005v, could anyone suggest what I am missing or what I need to do to set this up?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,260 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CJW1800

Hi Chris,

Thank-you for your post. 

May I ask what you have the software gain set to for the device? The table on page A-5 of your device's manual found here shows what the gain settings need to be for whatever input range.

I would imagine you have the gain set to 100 so that the available range is ±50 mV. For -10V-10V, please set the gain to 0.5.

Many thanks,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,238 Views)

Thanks Eden, I'll have a look at that when I am on site there next.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,230 Views)

Hi Eden,

I managed to resolve the issue by doing what you suggested, I'd forgotten that you have to setup the module in MAX and that you can't do that part in the DAQmx wizard.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,204 Views)