LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBrio-9601

Hello

I have a question about SBrio 9601,

I am trying to manufacture a magnetic field meter with sbrio and in my system I will use an amplifierfor the output of my sensorwhich I need to control when to switch it on and off so I can save energy. I am thinking to use a relay to control that situation, but the relay needs a "pulse" of volt to open and close.

So I am asking you if I can use any port of sbrio to program it to send pulse as an output to the realy every predefined time

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,293 Views)

Hi Zaxos,

I did something similar with a cRIO and I have a couple of pieces of advice for you.

a) The relay (if it is similar to the one I used) is basically an inductor that magnetically atracts the switch plate. Connecting that directly to the sbRIO could harm the sbRIO when switching, because lots of voltage is generated when opening the circuit.

b) A protective diode would help you in that matter. A simple google search would show you how to connect those.

c) I would NOT recommend you to actuate the relay directly from the RIO but to add some sacrificial interface so that if something gets wrong you do not need to buy another sbRIO but to replace the sacrificial part.

d) On my application I used a 9474 module connected to the cRIO, but it would be great if you could get one of those isolated output modules for that matter.

I hope it helps!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,285 Views)