LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running multiple daqmx tasks from one hardware

Hello, i am working on the I-V curve tracer for 3 different PV modules and i am using the ethernet chassis CDAQ-9184 with submodule NI 9205 to acquire the signals from 3 voltage sensors and 3 current sensors on pcbs. I am using LabVIEW for the coding and i wanted to know how can i acquire the signals simultaneously from one hardware and plot the I-V curves on the same graph. Is it possible to do so?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,776 Views)

Yes, that is rather simple. In this case i'd suggest using NI-max to create a NI-DAQmx Task which samples 6 AI ports. That way you can run and test it in MAX and use that Task in the code.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,745 Views)

Hi kishan,

yes, you can do it…

i wanted to know how can i acquire the signals simultaneously from one hardware and plot the I-V curves on the same graph.

LabVIEW comes with a huge library of example VI, a lot of them explain various DAQmx features!

There are also example VIs explaining how to read more than one analog input and display the results in a graph…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,742 Views)

kishan1994 wrote: I am using LabVIEW for the coding and i wanted to know how can i acquire the signals simultaneously from one hardware and plot the I-V curves on the same graph. Is it possible to do so?

Just add all of the channels you want to your AI task.  It will work find as long as you stay within the same cDAQ chassis.

You might want to read up on some DAQmx functions: Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,731 Views)

Why did you make another new thread?

You are already asking the same question in this thread.Acquiring six input signals and output three signals simultaneously

Please stick with your original thread so that people don't take time explaining the same things you've already been given responses to.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,720 Views)

Thank you all. i will try to do the work that some of you gave me. If ever there is problem, i will revert back to you and sorry for another thread. It was my mistake creating another one.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,707 Views)