LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a system which conclude "Stepper motor + Pressure sensors"

Hello I need some help as a beginner. Would u please guide me? Actually my project is about running a system with LabVIEW which is contain a stepper motor (with different speeds in clockwise and unit clockwise) a pressure sensor, a switch for calibration the sensor and finally reporting the output as a graph with shows the distance that motor moves a barrier and changes of pressure during the movements of barrier. Right now, I have stuck in ordering the hardware parts for connecting the PC to the system. I don't know exactly what do I need to handle the hole system. Would you please help me? I don't know from were and how should I start? Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,184 Views)

As GerdW mentioned in the other post you might want to speak with a NI applications engineer.  If this is a school project of some type and/or you just want to spec everything yourself then you certainly can.  Your first step is to define all the physical parameters of your devices.  So you need to know what kind of stepper motors you need based on the required angular resolution, torque, etc.  What kind of pressure gauge will you use?  What type of output will it provide you (simple voltage, pulse train, full USB interface)???  What kind of switch will you use.  Can it be controlled by low-current TTL or will you need a driver or relay?

Make a list of everything you will need for your application:  motors, sensors, switches, etc.  Then determine how to interface to them.  THEN you can start looking through your hardware options and pick the best choices based on your needs.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,164 Views)