LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run error list

Hello guys! In my reproduced VI i can't hit run to test some sensors in serial communication.

Please help! I attached the VI and some pictures that shows what is the problem but i don't know how to interpret..it's hard for me being a beginner. 😞

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,741 Views)

If you click on the "broken Run arrow", you will get a list of all the errors.  If you now click on an error and choose "Show Error", it will take you to the Error.  In your case (no pun intended), you have a Case Statement with output tunnels that are not set to anything (showing as white squares instead of colored, or with a tiny white square in a colored box, meaning "Use the Default Value of this Wire if nothing is connected".  [As you are a beginner, it is better and safer to always wire something to this tunnel).  In this instance, for the False Case, you want to "do nothing", so just wire the input tunnel to the output tunnel for both errors and watch the Run Arrow repair itself.

Now that you have the syntactic errors removed, you can see if your code actually works!

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,707 Views)