LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run VI

Hello

I`ve a problem with the run of the VI. I want that my VI run when opened, so I`ve set ``Run when opened`` into the Properties -> Execution of my VI.
But When I open this it does not run.
What Do I wrong? 

Thanks  

Message Edited by enzo78 on 05-30-2008 11:19 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,070 Views)
Depends on how you're opening it. If you open it from the file system it wil do it. If you have it as a subVI on a block diagram and double-click the icon on the block diagram it won't run. In fact, the latter is used as a method to allow you to open a VI that is set to automatically run when open.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,060 Views)
Hello

I`ve created an executable, and when run it does not work

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,058 Views)
In the project specifications did you set the your VI as the startup VI? Do you also have the "Show front panel when called" and "Close afterwards if initially closed" options set in the "Window Appearance" section? I assume your VI has some form of loop that allows it to run continuously once started.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,049 Views)
Yes I set the "Show front panel when called" and "Close afterwards if initially closed" and my VI has a while loop, but where can I set the VI as the startup VI?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,043 Views)
Assuming you're using LabVIEW 8.x, you set this up in the "Source Files" section:
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,039 Views)
Yes olready done, I send you my VI.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,031 Views)
When I opened your VI I did not see the "Run when opened" option checked. It was unchecked.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,023 Views)
I`m sorry , I send you a wrong VI, This is the correct one.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,018 Views)
Your VI is running. The problem is in your logic for the control of the loops. The way it's set up the main loop will stop after one iteration because the default value of the of the "Instrument ON/OFF" control is False. Also, your logic for the control of the two loops is opposite with regards to that control. Thus, in the one loop setting it on stops it. In the other, setting it on allows it to continue.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,005 Views)