LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route internal clock to RTSI bus using DAQ Traditional (Legacy)

Dear All,

I'm stuck using DAQ Traditional (Legacy) and am having hard time finding any documentation.

Current system:

Labview 8.5 on Windows XP

6602 counter timer board

I'd like to route the 6602's 80MHz clock to any of the RTSI bus lines. I'm not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,131 Views)

Dear All,

As is evident by the lack of replies not one person on Earth still uses DAQ Traditional. Nevertheless, I found some old old examples on NI's support pages and a few in my lab and put something together. I'm attaching it here in case anyone ever needs this information, you know, for a scrap book of the past. So what I really wanted to do was stick the 6602's 80MHz clock onto a counter's source pin so I can time stamp stuff. I guess you don't need to use the RTSI bus for that, you can just select the source as "max timebase." See the attached.

Best regards,

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,121 Views)

Hi edward,

I'm glad you found a solution to your application. There is still documentation on how to use Traditional DAQ, and the best would be the readme file linked here. It is listed on the driver download page here. There was a very similar post setting up the triggering of counters on the 6602 using the RTSI line, as well as information about where to find other T-DAQ resources. That forum is here, titled Traditional daq 6602 trigger.

- Regards,

Beutlich
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,103 Views)