LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rigol Oscilloscope not appearing in NI-VISA Interactive controll

Hi All.

I have an issue whereby the pc will not talk to a RIGOL DS1052E. On my development machine everything works fine but on the target machine there is no communication with the scope and it will not appeat in Interactive control. It is then showing driver error in device manager.

This machine was working fine with a different program a few days ago but then I installed a newer version of the program and then stopped working. Is it possible that this new version has corrupted the drivers in some way and is there a way to repair them.

I have spoke to RIGOL but they advised to install VISA etc and didn't really know what to do.

Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,439 Views)

Hi Mark,

the communication with this Rigol oscilloscope is simple VISA. If the Rigol does not appear in the visa-ressourcenames, Rigol is right. I would try to install NI-Visa again. Maybe a driver is defective.

Anyway, did you use the original NI certificated Rigol driver? I think they are not very good.

Regards

Message 2 of 4
(3,421 Views)

If there is a driver error in device manager, then I'd expect the error to be in the installation of the RIGOL driver.

Windows needs to recognize the device first before NI-VISA can recognize it.

Message 3 of 4
(3,408 Views)

The drivers were all fine. I tried with another scope and all worked good. Seems there is a fault with that device and so will send for repair. Funny thing is though it works fine on my machine, maybe my drivers are supercharged.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,396 Views)