From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Click Copy Error (Array)

Im trying to copy an array using the Right click copy and paste functions, The array will only partially copy 5 elements I have over 15 Elements to copy. Why does it not save the complete array? Can I change settings somewhere to allow a bigger copy buffer? I know its possible to copy an array using code and I have done this but I want to figure out why It errors when I use right click to copy and paste. Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,978 Views)

I'm not sure about the answer to your question without something to check or experiment with (e.g. a VI) but to aid in copying (as a workaround, perhaps a preferable system) you might find the XML or JSON nodes helpful.

Flatten to JSON

Converting to and from XML

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,954 Views)

A better question might be is the clipboard limited in regards to data being stored? That would answer to why not all of the elements are copied and is there an option to increase the size of data being copied?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,942 Views)

It is not clear where you are right-clicking to copy and it is not clear how you are later pasting the data. Are you in edit mode or run mode?

Your array has quite a complicated data structure, but we cannot really tell the details from the picture. Can you attach a very simple VI containing the array filled with typical default values?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,922 Views)

In Running Condition if you want to copy, Right Click on the index display of your array ,select copy data & then select index display of Array (where you want to paste the data) and paste the data.

In Stop condition, if you want to copy, select the Array then Right Click ,select copy data(from Data operations) & then select Array (where you want to paste the data) and paste the data from Data operations.

Posting a vi would help in this case.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,899 Views)