LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to the last code position

Solved!
Go to solution

When I'm searching through cases of a large event structure or a case structure to investigate its LabVIEW code it would be helpful to have the possibilty just to jump back to the last position inside the code. (like in C# with "STRG + .") Even better it would be to jump back along a whole history of positions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,713 Views)

Here also you have the options like Ctrl - G (Forward) and Ctrl - Shift - G (Backward) for searching.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 2 of 10
(2,712 Views)

Are you aware that you can click on the selector lable and pick where you go? You can also click on the arrows nex to the selector lable and go forward and backward.

Example.png

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,709 Views)

Thanks for the answers. But in my scenario i'm not using the search dialogue (Ctrl + F). I've just selected a case of my structure like aeasted mentioned and then go to a different case of that structure. Now i want to go back to the first case without searching or selecting the case directly. Sometimes I don't even know the name of this case i want to go back. I'm getting older and forget more and more things... 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,699 Views)

For easy navigation you can use Ctrl - Mouse scroll. But the option that you are looking is not present in LabVIEW (I guess).

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,695 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas_W.

This has actually already been proposed as an idea: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Create-anchors-and-shortcuts-inside-LabVIEW-code-for/i...

Note that in the comments for that idea you will see numerous related ideas.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,694 Views)

You can submit an idea to the idea exchange.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/labviewideas

If enough people like the idea it can get included in LabVIEW.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,691 Views)

Well I saw that idea in the meantime too. (and different ones) But my first search was'nt successful... 😞

Thanks for all your messages!

Sincerely Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,682 Views)

Yeah, something like IE's navigation button functions could be useful. Select a case, thumb button to return to the previous, thumb2 to go forward again. I can see some benefits in that.

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,669 Views)

I have this JKI RCF plug-in in the LAVA Code Repository.  The tree in the second image is a list of all the states in my VI.  The state navigation feature sorta works 🙂

CS.png

CS.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,665 Views)