From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Processor Usage

found the processor monitor in English here:
Performance Monitor Using LabVIEW - NI Community
in the Example Code Library.

created VI, set to re-entrant and added wait until Processor usage is below 60% then 40% at many different point in the code but I'm sill hitting 100% CPU usage on the second parse of processing. 😖

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(233 Views)

Eventually resolved by rearchitecting the processing module so that instead of spawning 50+ instances of the same module. I run 1 module with an array of processes to do inside. The processes get run in parallel loops inside, and in each case structure of the MSG handler architecture I define how many parallel loops I want to allow to run in parallel (as a % of the number of logical processors or other determinant factor). 
This limits me to not running at full CPU usage and taking longer to process that data.
(There are disadvantages occasionally for getting all of the bottle necks out of a processing module so  it can run re-entrant so efficiently that it can hog the whole CPU! 🤔)

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(191 Views)