LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource not found when running executable

Smiley Happy

Well, I used the attached VI to explore NAI2250.dll, and found it explicitly mentions VISA32.dll - so, perhaps it's only VISA that's important!

Here is a list of suspects:

INSTRSUP.DLL,CVIRT.DLL,VISA32.DLL,KERNEL32.DLL

I don't know about the others, but Kernel32 comes with Windows, so can be ignored.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(824 Views)

Steven, I find the four DLLs mentioned in my Windows\System32 folder - are they all there on your VM?  I think you'll get the INSTRSUP and CVIRT dlls onto your VM by installing the CVI Run Time engine.

See: "http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/320681e.pdf"

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(791 Views)

Two of them were not (CVIRT and INSTRSUP). I tried just copying them manually but it didn't seem to work. I will see if I can specify the CVI in the installer and see if that works. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(771 Views)

Hey Steven, Any luck when applying the CVI Runtime on the target/VM(?)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(749 Views)

I've made some progress, but still running into issues. I was able to get an unbroken VI in the executable by wiring in the path to the dll. The executable now runs but I get an error about a non-shareable GPIB. I don't have time to look into it too much right now but may be revisiting it in the coming weeks. This is code that was written 12 years ago and has been moved from the original computer to a new computer and the original programmer is now retired. Honestly the whole thing needs to be rewritten, but I don't think the customer wants to pay for that. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(727 Views)

Nice work!  What's the (new) error-text?

BTW: I still think you'll need CVIRuntime (because of the two DLLs - Instrsup & CVIRT).

According to the Description for "NI-LabWindows/CVI Shared Run-Time Engine" (Additional Installers)

"The LabWindows/CVI Shared Run-Time Engine is necessary to run executables or use DLLs you create with LabWindows/CVI, and it must be present on any target computer on which you want to run your executable program."

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(715 Views)