LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize charts with Generate Report

I have two charts that I would like to print on a single side of paper. Using the "Generate Report" vi's, is there a way to force them both onto a single page? If necessary, I can print the entire front panel, but I would need that resized as well.

A related problem is the aspect ratio: Everything in the report is elongated from what is seen on the screen.

Using: LabVIEW 2009 Professional on XP, no access to Report Generation Toolkit

Display: 1920x1200 pixels

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,311 Views)

Hi ecarlson,

Do you just want to print images of the charts or do you want the actual full report?

If you just want images of the graphs you can simply use an invoke node to get the image of the graph and save that as a jpeg. Once you have the jpeg you can use it in MS Word or any other program where you can change the size of  pictures and the layout easily. 

Here is KnowledgeBase article that goes over this process under Method 2. 

How Do I Print a Single Control from the Front Panel

<Brian Aswege | Applications Engineering | National Instruments> 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,284 Views)

I would like a full report, though it would consist of just a few lines followed by images of the two charts. The lines are primarily for future expansion. It is mostly important to get both charts on the same page.

I would like for this to be performed programmatically, so successive trials can have the two charts printed with the touch of a button as follows:

1) Test

2) Print 2 charts

3) Test

2) Print 2 charts - new report

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,277 Views)

You could size the charts to both fit on the report and use the append to report method described in Method 1 in the article I previously linked. Note the charts cannot be set up to be side by side with the report generation vis.

<Brian Aswege | Applications Engineering | National Instruments>  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,263 Views)