From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting the output after generating a waveform using a voltage generating device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I designed a signal generation program using LabVIEW and NI 9263 signal output card as the generating device. Whether I use it to generate a DC or AC signal, at the end of the program, if I don't zero the output, the output card will continue to output the last value passed to the DAQmx write module (a DC signal), so I wanted to implement the ability to zero the output at the end of the loop so as not to cause a continuous power loss to my load. I would appreciate your help on how the program should be designed.

Young365_0-1596300967123.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,299 Views)

I don't know whether I am misunderstanding what you are asking, but I don't see any problem writing an array of 100 zeros after your loop has finished and before you close the DAQmx channel, just like you do before the loop starts.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,260 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Young365

Hi Young365,

As you mentioned "I designed a signal generation program using LabVIEW and NI 9263 signal output card as the generating device" ,so your objective seems like you want to simulate one waveform generator.

As i see in your code that you set the 'Regeneration mode' for the AO Write.As per the definition of the regeneration 'https://www.ni.com/en-in/support/documentation/supplemental/06/analog-output-regeneration-in-ni-daqm...' ,the samples which you write to the AO Write vi will be regenerated as a continuous waveform.

Then in that case, the while is not required for that and just wire the output of Sine wave generator vi to the AO write and signal will be generated continuously.

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,233 Views)