From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting Data Acquisition

I have a data acquisition vi that uses the express DAQ assistant express vi. with data in 'continuous acquistion' mode.  The data looks fine.  The user can then choose to average the data and plot it or save it.  Once the save function is completed, the vi loops back to the 'live' mode.  Now, there is a large DC component in the fft, even though there is a 5Hz highpass filter on the data.

I have seen past discussions on resets that are required to eliminate this 'step' discontinuity' but I can't seem to find it now that I need it.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,256 Views)

Use the Queue functions to send the data to another VI that will save the data while the DAQ VI stays in live mode.

Using VI's in parallel loops will allow the data collection VI and the data processing VI to run independently of each other.

Here is a quick link to the Queue example that is included in LabVIEW.  You can also find it by using the "Find examples" under the Help Tab.

CLD | CTD
LabVIEW 2011 SP1 | TestStand 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,242 Views)