LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reseting Button when another button is pressed

Solved!
Go to solution

I just started using labview at work and need some help with my last bit of code.  I'm writing a program to control an instrument which requires a 'halt' signal and a 'reset' signal.  When the intrument is halted (for error reasons a continuous halt signal is generated) the way to reset the device is by outputting a 'reset' signal.  

The halt signal is triggered by a boolean button or an error from a DAQmx input, the reset signal is triggered by a boolean button within a case structure that is true when the halt signal is being output.

My question is when the reset button is pressed (error fixed), I want the discharge button to be depressed, otherwise my program would get stuck in a negative loop (i.e i reset the device but the halt button is still pressed).  I cant press two buttons at once!

How do I link these?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,282 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CUMechE

Radio buttons do all the work for you, if you don't mind having Reset selected until you actually hit Halt.

radio.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 3
(2,253 Views)

You can create a property node to set the button's value. Right click on the button in the Block Diagram, select Create >> Property Node >> Value, right click to change to write, and set it to whatever value you wish. Remember to set the mechanical action of the button to be consistent with the behaviour you need to start/stop other processes.

---
CLA
Message 3 of 3
(2,251 Views)