From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset revision history for all VIs in an llb

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to clear the revision history for multiple VIs at once, specifically all in a particular .llb.  I know how to clear each one individually, but what a pain.  I hoped if I took the top vi in llb and saved as, and created new hierachy, all VIs would reset...no go.

I would really like to disable the rev history feature.  I know you can chose not to display the history, but I cannot figure how to disable the rev history feature itself.  Meaning, if I change a vi 10 times and someone else turns on the view feature, it will always show 0, or 1, not 10.  I want to release new software with all set at 1st rev, but I find no other way to do this except go and reset the history for each individual VI---UGH!

Thanks in advance!

Shannon F
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,087 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfleming

You can reset a VIs rev history using VI Server to load the vi and a method to reset. See attached (LV 8.6)

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 2 of 6
(3,073 Views)

Thanks for the info and sorry for the late reply.  For some reason I didn't get an email from NI (as usual) to inform me that somone (you) replied to my question.

It looks like I need to put this code into all of my VIs to reset each one individually, which is the route I might take.  I have about 30 VIs in the llb, so unfortunately I have to add 30 times at this point.  I wish there was a way to reset all automatically using a tool in labview.  Obviously there is on option from the drop downs (or cntrl y) to reset each VI individually.  Wonder why they don't have a global reset or why creating a new hierarchy (save as option doesn't work).  I may just have to bite the bullet and add what you sent to each of the 30 VIs.

However, this is great information for my next project, I will just add it to new VIs from the start!

Thanks for your time and input!!!!

Shannon F
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,990 Views)

You've already asked this question before, and I've already provided an answer.

Please do not create multiple threads asking the same question - this is annoying.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,976 Views)

Sorry, thought the 1st one didn't get posted...forgot to subscribe and couldn't relocate.

Shannon F
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,968 Views)

Exactly what I needed!!!!

tks

Shannon F
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,967 Views)