LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Research license

Hello,

I have a question about the RESEARCH version for LabVIEW.
I cannot find any information about such a product.
Besides, the latest versions in the ACADEMIC license are described as "Academic Site Licenses include software for classroom, laboratory, or research settings. Educators and researchers may also install this software on their personal computers."

Does this mean I can use the software and research materials in scientific publications?

Thank you for any guidance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,854 Views)

If your school or university has an academic site license, you should talk to them about how to get access to it.

If they don't have an academic site license, or you're not at an academic institution, you should contact NI to see which license might be good for you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,821 Views)

In general, yes, but it can depend on how the research activities are funded.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,804 Views)

I think about research within the university and in terms of statutory activities. 

So just recently I was given this opinion that if it is an academic license then also for research, there is another problem: what if the research is not related to teaching?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,797 Views)

https://www.ni.com/content/dam/web/pdfs/legal/software_license_agreement_en.pdf

It just says "Academic Research", which is not very restrictive.  Research licenses cost quite a bit more than Teaching-only licenses.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,792 Views)

Please listen to Gregory's advice -- if you have a question about the License Agreement with NI, and want to know if you are about to violate the license (and hence possibly incur legal penalties), talk to NI, whose License you are wondering if you are violating.  The opinion of "what is legal" expressed by members of this Forum probably have little binding in a Court of Law.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,764 Views)

Thanks everyone for the tips, it turns out that our local provider was able to accurately determine the type and coverage of the license based on the license key.

I think this closes the case.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,745 Views)