LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request time stamp from DAQmx using Python

Hello Pros,

I am totally new about NI products and DAQmx, and I have several questions about the time stamp that I want to confirm.

1. Chassis cDAQ-9185 would provide time stamp to DAQmx?

2. DAQmx available free download, as well as the python API ( I found from the doc say it can be download from pip, but not sure do I need to purchase any license for python development)

3. From the NI knowledge database, back in 2018, "How to Get Timestamps with NI-DAQmx in Python"

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kJy2SAE&l=en-US

Is this still apply to the python API? there is no way to get the timestamp from DAQ chassis by python, unless use full version of LabView??

Sorry, I may not explain the question well enough as I am not fully understand every, 

Thanks,

Walker

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,149 Views)

Using DAQmx in LabVIEW, complete with TimeStamps (put there by your DAQ hardware) is so simple that to layer another language on top of it (which, one hopes, simply calls the DAQmx code itself) makes no sense to me.

Why don't you write a C++ routine that can call a Matlab script that calls Python that (probably) calls DAQmx to do this?  [This is definitely not a serious suggestion -- I'm just carrying the absurdity a few more levels deep ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,097 Views)

Sorry I dont understand what are you trying to say.

What I try to say is I want the time stamp information to existing software,which is python based, as straight as possible.

We want to record and analysis the sound data as close as to real time. 

Sure we can use whatever language or software and make a hundreds of conversion code, however that require to build more things from sketch and more complex. Which could also create serious delay.

We do not want to spent too much time on the LabVIEW or other language if not necessary.

Therefore I am here to ask if NI a good solution for this situation.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,050 Views)