Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Toolkit Compatibility with Microsoft Office

hello,

i have some problem with compatibility.

if i restart my PC, and running my VI program to build excel report

Ms. office always give me notice like this: xx.png

are there the IV program to disable this notice?

thanks

huda.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,279 Views)

If the Error Message is correct, you've got a "version incompatibility" issue.  Of course, you've given us no version information, such as:

• the version of LabVIEW.
  • the version of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel).
  • an example of a "non-working" Excel file.

How about giving us a little more information (or we could always just guess ...)?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,234 Views)

Bob,

Assuming the OP has Excel 2007 or greater installed, program Excel at the workbook level to either turn off compatibility checks or make the Excel files save with the XLSX file extension. Either way will resolve that issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,230 Views)

@Eric1977 wrote:

Assuming the OP has Excel 2007 or greater installed

Since the Error Message references "Excel 97-2003", that may be a dangerous assumption ...

I should also have asked to have the OP attach the VI that was used to open and read the Excel file.  Why do posters show us Error Messages and say "How do I fix this", but don't tell us what "this" is?

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 6
(3,216 Views)

You're right. I didn't see that on the error message. Good catch. And yes, the actual VI would help, too.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,196 Views)

Also, if we were given the name of the Excel file (particularly the characters after the '.') in addition to the vi, it might also help shed some light on this issue.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,185 Views)