LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation MS Word Table Bug

Solved!
Go to solution

No, I have tried any combination and the result remains unchanged. Anyway, I don't find the option in word where to change the list separator.

My OS and Word is in german, by the way.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 32
(2,086 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author benMyer

@benMyer wrote:

No, I have tried any combination and the result remains unchanged.

Changing the format of the copy buffer string should most definitely change the table result. Try replacing the "tab" with an actual ASCII character, such as "A" and see if this changes anything. You should see all data appear in the top left cell with A characters between each original element. If this makes no difference then something else is afoot - I would start seriously debugging the suspect VI to be sure it's even the right one.

My list separator settings are not in Word (I'm not aware of any in Word), they are in Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Regional Options. Click "Customise". If you change this, restart Word.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 32
(2,082 Views)

That was a good idea. After changing the "tab" with an A I've discovered that my Word 2010 seems unable to handle the newline escape sequence "\n". So after replacing in your solution "\n" in the outer loop with the Carrier Return constant it works! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks a lot for your effort.

ben

Message 13 of 32
(2,073 Views)

Fantastic! I am pleased. I'm also interested in why your Word 2010 behaves differently to my Word 2010? I wonder if this is a language specific issue?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 32
(2,068 Views)

I guess so. The windows "list separator" setting does not have any effect at all. And in word I didn't find such a setting as proposed by ReginaW.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 32
(2,063 Views)

it works! thanks, Thoric.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 32
(2,020 Views)

Where do you go to change the delimiter settings?  Both in word and LabVIEW?  I have the exact same problem.  I am running LabVIEW 2011 and word 2010.  Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 32
(1,915 Views)
Hi,
Change the LabVIEW code, as described earlier, [LabVIEW installation folder]\vi.lib\addons\_office\_wordsub.llb\Word_Insert_Table.vi

You shouldn't need to change any localisation settings I dont expect.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 32
(1,912 Views)

I installed the trial version to determine if we want to buy this add on.  Since it is not activated, I cannot access this VI to edit it. 

Is there another way to fix this?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 32
(1,908 Views)
Oh dear. I don't think so, sorry. I wouldn't base a purchase decision on an assumption that this fix might work for you either, you should instead consider contacting your NI sales manager directly with the query.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 32
(1,900 Views)