LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Array Subset slow

@majoris wrote:

It's only marginally faster without the counter call. 

With default settings the "draw line time" goes from 2ms to 27us when I remove the inner sequence structure and leave only "replace array subset" in the innermost loop.

27us for ~227 replacements means 120ns for "replace array subset", including all the loop overhead.

(... and this is on a very slow old Athlon XP computer ;))

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(666 Views)

Also make sure to enlarge the indicator for "draw line time", there might be some e-format beyond the right edge that might be of interest. 😄

(better yet, change the display to SI format)

Message 12 of 15
(660 Views)

The units of all the time indicators are seconds. If, before modification, you were already getting .002 seconds on the draw line time indicator then I am very jealous. As you can see from the image I posted before, it takes me 200 ms to run that loop on over 200 elements. 

I actually have an outrageously beefy computer. I'm gonna try rebooting and see if that makes any difference. If it does, I'm gonna punch my nearest coworker (which is fine, because everyone has left for the weekend anyways). If it doesn't, I'm gonna cry a little.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(659 Views)

@majoris wrote:

The units of all the time indicators are seconds. If, before modification, you were already getting .002 seconds on the draw line time indicator then I am very jealous.

I'll refrain from posting the times I get on my computer, suffice to say I would not be quoting in seconds, or even milliseconds.  Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 15
(655 Views)

Rebooting my computer and making no changes it now works Smiley Indifferent. Also, Labview crashed when I closed it prior to rebooting. *largest sigh ever*

I'm happy I'm not crazy, but at the same time sad that I didn't just reboot earlier.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(651 Views)