LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing "Selection Target" dialog box at start of executable VI

Hi, I'm running LabVIEW 7.1 (no RT, so please read a little further). I take a VI, go to Tools->Build Application, and perform a build.

When I try to run the resulting EXE file, I get a popup for choosing a selection target. The two options are LabVIEW for Windows and RT target on remote machine. I want to always choose LV for Windows. Even better, I'd like for the popup to never occur. I want a user to click on the icon and the VI to just run.

Does anyone have any ideas? I looked for a checkbox in the Build Application window that would remove the select target window (LV6 solution, I think?), and I also looked under VI Properties->Miscellaneous for a similar checkbox (RT solution?). I do not have a VI Properties->RT Target section, so this is also not going to work.

Thanks very much for your help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,526 Views)
You should have that checkbox in the application builder. Look again (I think it's in the application settings tab).

(2,517 Views)
Thanks, but my initial message said that's not the case. I have attached a jpeg file which shows what my app settings dialog looks like in the Application Builder.

If anyone knows what's going on (maybe an incorrect registry key or something from a previous upgrade?), let me know. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,505 Views)
Sorry about that, but I wanted to make sure you didn't miss it.
LV help states this should be only in RT, PDA or FPGA. Have you had or do you have any of them installed?
Does this happen every time? If so, you may have to un\reinstall LV or at least repair it. You can also try adding ExecEngineSelectPrompt=FALSE to the ini file of your EXE.

(2,500 Views)
Yes, I think the previous version installed was RT.

Oddly enough, the executable built today doesn't have the target dialog box. It's probably because it's on a different machine.

I read the INI file fix, and it looks like I'll just do that if the problem occurs again. Thanks for your help tst!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,490 Views)