LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove a plot from a chart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys.  I know this is an old subject, cuz I dug through some older threads, but never found a solid answer to this question, just suggestions on how to make it unnoticeable.

My Cell Voltage Chart is producing 9 plots.  When I probed it (you'll see this in the picture) there are only 8 plots being fed to the chart.  I went into the properties of the chart and sure enough... there's a ninth one.  I made the ninth one "invisible" in the properties, but when I export the chart data to an excel, the ninth plot still shows up as 0 throughout the time frame.

So... how do I actually remove this plot without having to delete the chart and then recreate it?

Attached is the image (sorry about quality, I work for the military, dev machines cannot access network and our network machines can't accept usb or any external device, so I emailed myself a photo).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,378 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DailyDose

Wow a 10 MB screen shot?

It looks like you have an array to cluster function being used in there.  By default, it is set to create 9 cluster elements.  Right click on that and pick Cluster Size ...   Change it to 8.

Message 2 of 5
(3,369 Views)

Hi dose,

how do I actually remove this plot without having to delete the chart and then recreate it?

Better would be not to create this 9th plot at all!

You use the function ArrayToCluster, which by default creates a cluster with 9 elements. Set it to create just 8 elements in the cluster…

(That's a typical problem with this function…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 5
(3,363 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Wow a 10 MB screen shot?

It looks like you have an array to cluster function being used in there.  By default, it is set to create 9 cluster elements.  Right click on that and pick Cluster Size ...   Change it to 8.

Yeah... I'm a little shocked myself.  I guess that explains how phones can quickly run out of space.

And that of course is the answer.  You learn something new every day.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,362 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi dose,

how do I actually remove this plot without having to delete the chart and then recreate it?

Better would be not to create this 9th plot at all!

You use the function ArrayToCluster, which by default creates a cluster with 9 elements. Set it to create just 8 elements in the cluster…

(That's a typical problem with this function…)

Yeah, I would agree.  Not creating the 9th plot.  But was definitely confused why there were 9 plots if the for loop was only building 8.  Did not know the array to cluster defaulted to 9... or to any number for that matter.  I guess this makes sense that a default is required during compile.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,359 Views)