From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotely debugging Executables block diagram in labview

Hi, In one side, I run the executable on the machine PC (labview 2016 32 bit) and in other side, I want see the block diagram remotely with the developper PC (labview 2016 32 bit). So, in Advanced properties I have check the Enable debugging. Then, I can remotely control the executable but when i'm suppose to right click on it and see "show block diagram" or "quit debug session"... I didn't see anythings. 

Somebody knows about it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,441 Views)

Can you connect remotely? If not, can you connect to the executable from LabVIEW when on the same computer?

Once you are connected from LabVIEW to the executable, you need to go to the Window menu and select "Show block diagram" or Ctrl+E.

You need to select Enable debugging before compiling the executable. However, even then, each VI that you want to debug must have be compiled with the option "Allow debugging" in the Execution category of the VI properties.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,423 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, when I desactivated the anti-virus, I can connect remotely. I can control from a other PC, but I'm supposed to right-click on the main page to choose "Debug block diagram" or "Quit". But it doesn't work.

I did check the selection "Enable debugging" before compiling the executable. I also check the option "Allow debugging" in the Execution category of the VI properties.

It still not work...other Idea?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,382 Views)