LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote monitor of labview front panel

Dear Friends,

i want to monitor my labview project which is running in 6nos of different Computers from remote location. all computers are wireless connected to I.T department. i want to monitor on PC which in LAN network connected with I.T department. how to do that. i know little about remote connection. making one computer server and defining client IP address on it. then from client write IP of server PC to access. i need more detail to do that. please.

Thanks,

Asif 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,251 Views)

Hi Asif,

- send data from PC1 to PC2 using any kind of network messages (UDP, TCP, SharedVariables, NetworkStreams, …). Have a receiver-kind tool (aka VI) on your PC2 to display the message content.

- use any VNC-style tool to look at PC1 remotely…

- use Windows-internal RDP tools to look at PC1 remotely…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,218 Views)

What are the Remote Computers doing?  In particular, is anyone sitting at them monitoring things or otherwise interacting with the Front Panel (pushing buttons, etc.), or do you just start the Program and let it run until it finishes by itself?

If the latter (a situation that I've encountered numerous times), I use Window's Remote Desktop.  You can even use it to start the program on the remote machines (something I do when I'm developing code, and need to test it out on a PC connected to the hardware taking the data).  One "catch" is if the Remote PC is already running the code, and is logged on to User A, you need to connect as User A, otherwise you force User A to log off (not a good idea if they are running a LabVIEW program!).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,209 Views)

when i try to connect "vi" with controlling it is working fine. but when i only select viewing option from server computer after accessing that vi in client computer it automatically close giving message which i attached.

why it is like that.? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,176 Views)

The message says it clearly -- the network traffic is too high to be processed by the client.  As I don't have a clear idea of what the client or the server are doing, nor the nature of the traffic flowing between them, it is difficult to advise you on how to directly fix it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,161 Views)

it is working fine when i allow viewing and controlling from server. problem occurs when i just select only monitoring form server.

Thanks,

asif 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,145 Views)