From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote front panel with labview 8.6 executable

I am trying to create a remote front panel of my application, built in an executable using Labview 8.6. I want to run that application on a target machine (not the one used for developing the project) and view and control the front panel of the VI from a web browser on another computer.

I have followed these steps: 

How can I use remote front panels with Labview Executables?

But when I finally open the web browser and navigate to the URL I obtain that the page cannot be found.

I have my Labview project created and I have built a web page using Web publishing tool. I have saved it in my Labview 8.6/www directory and added it to the project. I have built my executable including HTML file and copied all the obtained folders to the target PC.

Then, I have modified the .ini file like in the step 7, but when I arrive to the step 8 I don't know what to do. Which  niwebserver.conf should I modify? The one localized at Labview 8.6 directory of the target machine? Or the one that is created in the directory where I have copied the executable when I run the executable?

In the DocumentRoot tag  I have to replace the default Labview/www with the location of my HTML file. Should I use quotation marks or no?

Have you got any ideas of what is happening?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,782 Views)

You have to edit the webserver.conf on your target machine.

If you exactly follow the steps descriped in the link you posted it should work!

Also get sure that your firewall doesn't block the WebServer port

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,775 Views)

I have verified that the firewall in both computers is desactivated.

I have follow exactly the steps described  in the link (more than twice) but it doesn't work!

What niwebserver.conf should I modify on the target machine? The one ubicated in Labview 8.6 directory or the one created when I run the executable on the target machine?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,771 Views)

As I said before, the one on the target machine. The one which is in the same directory like your application.exe, and your application.ini

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,765 Views)

Ok, but when I create the executable, in the folder where the application.exe and .ini are there isn't a file called niwebserver.conf. When I run the application a file with this name appear in the directory (the one I include), but it hasn't the section Directives that apply to the default server as in the manual.

What I have done is to copy the niwebserver.conf file ubicated in the Labview 8.6 of the target machine in the same directory of the executable but it doesn´t work...

niwebserver.conf

ServerRoot "."
ErrorLog "./logs/error.log"
LogLevel 3
ServerName default
DocumentRoot "./../../www"
Listen 80
ThreadLimit 10
TypesConfig mime.types
DirectoryIndex index.html
LoadModulePath "./modules" "./LVModules" "./.."
LoadModule LVAuth lvauthmodule
LoadModule LVSnapshot lvsnapshotmodule
LoadModule LVRFP lvrfpmodule
LoadModule LvExec ws_runtime

LoadModule dir libdirModule
LoadModule copy libcopyModule

AddHandler LVAuthHandler
AddHandler LVSnapshotHandler .snap
AddHandler LVRFPHandler
AddHandler LvExec

AddHandler dirHandler
AddHandler copyHandler

CustomLog "./logs/access.log" "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b"
KeepAlive on
KeepAliveTimeout 60
Timeout 60

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,761 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,757 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,755 Views)

I don't think you really did what is stated in the document you linked in your first post.

Because, when you create the executable and added the .html file under "Always Include" in the Source Files Tab, the html will be under the data folder and the webserver.conf will be in the same directory then your executable, which you take to the computer where the application should run.

So there is no need to copy any extra webserver.conf.

On the System the application is e.g. under C:\Application\, so the html file is under C:\Application\data\, and this is the path you need to use within the webserver.conf for DocumentRoot.

Christian 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,743 Views)