cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Panel scaling issues on remote computer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I have not been able to find a solution to this nuisance of a problem.  It only happens on two remote client computers while using Remote Panel services.  I've attached a screen shot to further explain.  The first image is how it appears on the remote client computer.  The second image is how it should appear.  Im sure the scaling issue is caused by the resolution; however, the disproportionate text and obscured tab control is problematic. 

What i've tried so far:

-  Under VI properties "window size" i've checked "maintain proportions for different resolutions"

-  Decreased the resolution on remote client computer.  This made the actual control panel larger; however, the tabs were still obscured and most of text was disproportionate.

-  Adjusted the control panel dimensions within the html document created by "web publishing tool" in labview

Remote client computer is Windows Surface w/ windows 10 OS

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,281 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rkotrol

From my experience LabVIEW remote panels use the fonts are available on the remote panel.

Example: you have developed your application on a computer where you have set your standard font to e.g. Tahoma. Within your front panels you left all visible fonts to "Application font". On your development computer your front panel will look fine. Opening a remote panel to that VI from e.g. a Windows 10 machine LabVIEW will use the application font from Windows 10 which is "Segoe UI" resulting in weird effects. You can avoid these font effects by selecting a specific font for all your frontpanel element.

Judging from that experience probably the same will happen with the scalings settings available in Windows 10. You wrote your client pc is a Windows 10 surface tablet. This should have a much higher display resolution - the scaling is definitely set to a bigger value then 100%. LabVIEW is known to not work well with these scaling settings so that probably is the reason for your problems.

You can check this easily. Set the display scalings on your surface tablet to 100% and then open the remote panel. How does it look like now?

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,260 Views)

Worked like a charm.  Thank you for your quick response- exactly what I was looking for.  Did a bit of searching after your reply and also found this knowledgebase regarding fonts:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019RQISA2

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,253 Views)