LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Data Collection

My research group needs to collect data including temperature, humidity, and windspeed, but we need to do it remotely (so the computer cannot be at the actual site). Does anyone know whether LabVIEW has equiptment for that or how to start on this? Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,771 Views)

Hi molocule,

LabVIEW is a programming language, so it can be used to create programs which will read data from remote devices…

What you need is a remote device able to measure your data and with a proper ("easy to use") interface so you can read the data with LabVIEW!

I use some devices to get air temperature, pressure and humidity with a nice (and easy) TCP/IP interface…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,758 Views)

@molocule wrote:

My research group needs to collect data including temperature, humidity, and windspeed, but we need to do it remotely (so the computer cannot be at the actual site). Does anyone know whether LabVIEW has equiptment for that or how to start on this? Thank you so much. 

Yes LabVIEW can do that.

The important question is: What kind of interface does your weather station have and how are you going to remotely access it? 

Consider using a nearby National Weather Service site and poling their web interface for the data like this.

Get Weather.png

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,726 Views)