cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control for Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am looking for a remote control device which can be used in Labview. What I will need is something similar to TV remotes. I am planning to define events on the buttons of remote and do the corresponding actions in my VI.

There are some remotes which are used for presentation purposes like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Presenter-Presentation-Pointer/dp/B002GHBUTK

It would be very helpful for me if there is anyone who tried similar thing. Is there any device which you can suggest me for this purpose or how can I interface that kind of presentation pointer with Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,710 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sevincom

Nearly all of those if not all of them work by being a "keyboard" with only a few keys.  Next slide might be the right arrow key, or page down, and so on.  They pick keys that commonly correspond to shortcuts in applications (i.e. probably using whatever PowerPoint uses, then hoping other apps copy their commands).

So for nearly all of them you can just use an event structure to detect key presses... but it won't detect the difference between the remote and your actual keyboard.

Message 2 of 3
(2,703 Views)

Thank you for response Kyle. I was not thinking that these devices directly work like keyboard and probably doing just the same thing. That is why I thought how could I interface with Labview but your suggestion makes sense to me.

I will get one and try as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,665 Views)