From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control Panel

Hi,

I am trying to use the remote control panel. I have already enabled the server manager, browser settings and publish the relevant vi. On another Pc running the web browser with Labview runtime 8.1 installed, I am able to view the vi html page but unable to activate it.

I have managed to activate the vi in html page on the same machine where the vi has been installed. I am wondering what I have missed out. I believe the host server machine is having a Full Development license and should have allowed for at least one client connection.

Would this problem be caused by different runtime engine? On the server side, we are running Labview 7.1 while on the client we are running runtime engine 8.1. Would this create any problem?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,140 Views)
Water,

Make sure that you close out the browser on the server computer so that another computer can attain control of the VI.  When you right-click on the VI in the browser on the client computer, is Request Control even an option, or does it produce an error when you select it?  I do not think the version mismatch should be a problem, especially since you are able to view the VI on the client computer, but it wouldn't hurt to install the LabVIEW 7.1 Run-Time engine, which can be found here.  Hope this helps!

Brian T
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,118 Views)