LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Reload I/O Devices ” and enter “Op mode” in State Machine using “TwinCAT ADS DLL/OCX"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

TwinCAT(2.10.0) and LabView(8.5). I have to check the EtherCAT communication between TwinCAT and our Drive.In order to do it I must enter “OP mode”. There are two questions:

How can I “Reload I/O Devices (F4)” using “TwinCAT ADS DLL/OCX”?How can I enter “Op mode” in State Machine using “TwinCAT ADS DLL/OCX”?

Thanks!

Igor.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,816 Views)

Hi Igor,

I am not familiar with the TwinCAT PLC. Can you explain how you are using it in your setup?

I am a bit confused with your questions. What do you mean by "reload"? Can you provide a screenshot?

thanks

Flash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,782 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IgorA

Hi,

I solved my problem.

It’s possible to enter “Op-mode” immediately after “Reload I/O Devices” by changing the number of properties in TwinCAT program.

(I/O Configuration -> I/O Devices -> Device1(EtherCAT) --à EtherCAT -> Advanced Settings…)

To open/close the TwinCAT and press ‘F4’ (“Reload I/O Devices”) is no problem to perform with vbs-files (Visual Basic Scripts).

So, the sequence of the test is:

1. Open TwinCAT program and press ‘F4’ (run the vbs-file from command line)

2. Perform the communication Test:

a. Change the value in the Drive(our device) and see the same value in TwinCAT (Drive 1 -> Inputs)

b. Change the value in TwinCAT (Drive 1 -> Outputs) and see the same value in the Drive

3. Close TwinCAT program (run the vbs-file from command line)

All these steps are done in LabView.

Please don’t hesitate to ask me for code and vbs-files (in you need).

Thanks.

Igor.
Message 3 of 4
(3,769 Views)

Hi IgorA,

maybe it is too late, but can you give me some help to make what you had done?

Thank you very much in advances

Mauro

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,095 Views)