From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative time displaying improperly

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling with the relative time display function in my waveform chart.  It seems to be displaying my data improperly.  I'm collecting temperature readings every five seconds, displaying the data on the waveform chart, and writing the data toa text file.  My data is writing correctly to the text file, but it looks like mychart is not interpreting the times appropriately.  I should have a new data point every five seconds, but instead it's displaying a new point every 1 second, despite there being 5 seconds between each data collection instance.  I've attached a jpg of the graph output, as well as the vi I'm working with.  The data collection step is #7 on my state machine.  Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give.

Matt

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,140 Views)

A chart has no way of knowing what your loop time is. You have to program that information by writing to a property node. Just look at the example called Real-Time Chart.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,130 Views)